It’s not a bowling alley. It’s not a lamp in the shape of a scantily clad leg. And it’s not FRA-GEE-LAY!
The brilliant and thoughtful IsobelDeBrujah at Center Pull Photography and What a Witch (Serious. Go read her stuff now. She’s got so much going on in the brainspace and heartspace that I don’t even. Go. I’ll wait.) has decided to share the blogging love this month and has nominated me for the Liebster Award.
It’s a lovely way for bloggers to tell others about smaller blogs they’ve found and enjoyed and felt they should share. And among her other nominees, she chose this little corner of the interwebs to share with others. And for this, I am very touched and grateful.
Part of the obligation of being named Miss Liebster 2012 (okay, I totally just made that title up) is that I answer some questions. First, I must post eleven facts about myself:
- Eleven is my favourite number.
- I love knitting, but only square or rectangular things. I used to knit sweaters and garments, but I prefer things with simpler structure, like blankets and scarves and such.
- Animals and kids really like me.
- I am chronically sleep deprived, due to moderate sleep apnea.
- I’m more than a little bit of a music geek.
- I love costume dramas/period pieces.
- In imaginary CinnamonOpusLand, I have a little thing going on with the Ninth Doctor.
- I’m afraid of fish in their natural habitat. Actually, make that anything under the water. Which is a shame, because…
- I am also drawn to the water, would like to live on an island, love the idea of boats and sailing, and am fascinated by big ships. GO FIGURE.
- I wore a brace on my ankle for sports for years, and consequently one foot is at least a half a size smaller than the other.
- I am continually thinking about what my Desert Island Discs would be. And I have yet to come to a final list. LIKE I WILL EVER BE ON DESERT ISLAND DISCS.
And then, I have to answer some questions posed by my nominee:
1. What are you most passionate about?
I’m not really passionate about anything. I used to be. But I love music, and can talk about animatedly about music and artists, much to the boredom of my husband.
2. Why do you blog?
I blog as an outlet, as a means of expression, as a way of communicating with friends and family, and as a way to connect with others who have the same interests and concerns.
3. What is your favorite meal?
My favourite meal is breakfast. Either that, or a dinner from a restaurant down the road where we had our wedding dinner. With caesar salad and dessert.
4. What book or books do you think everyone should read?
I think everyone should read. Full stop. As long as they are picking up books and reading. Whatever interests them, whatever relaxes them, whatever broadens their horizons and educates them.
5. If money were no object, how would you occupy the rest of your life?
I would grow my family again, and spend my time enjoying them. And doing good for others where I could.
6. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
“You were a good person, and that was all I asked.”
7. What is one thing you’ve never been able to/had time to/had funds to do that you still want to do?
Live abroad/travel extensively for decent blocks of time. Not just the one-week-here-and-then-home travel.
8. What is your favorite television show and why?
Sports Night. Language, acting, characters.
9. What is your least enjoyable chore?
Housework in general, because dust and chemicals make my allergies and asthma go ballistic.
10. What one thing about you is cool?
I have never been cool. I don’t think I was ever cool. Was I cool?
11. Do you have pets?
I have a small herd of unruly cats.
But the second, and more important part, of the Liebster (German for “dearest”, “beloved” or “favourite) gig, is to share the wealth of good blog reading throughout the internets, and nominate others you feel should get some recognition and readers. And they, in turn, will post the award on their blog, and answer all the questions to tell us more about themselves, and spread the love further along.
Now, truth be told, I don’t know a lot of bloggers still active out there in Internetsland, but I’ll nominate:
- Bolt Upright Because she’s one of the coolest, most together moms I know. Even when she claims it’s all falling to bits around her.
- The (Never Ending) Adoption Chronicles Because she’s funny and brilliant and a geek like me. And she WILL BE one of the coolest moms I know. And this maybe will get her motivated to post again.
- The Lullaby Seeker Because she’s funny and genuine and I love reading her posts. And it was ONLY JUST TODAY that I found her blog address again after my laptop died in the summertime, and I have so much catching up to do!
- Urban Hunter-Gatherer Because she’s a very together, animal-friendly, Maritimer LSG mama!
- Jade Sherpa Because she’s one of my favourite IRL peeps who swears she’s going to blog again, and I love to read what she writes, so hopefully this motivates her.
And these are my questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favourite hobby?
- What colour looks best on you?
- What is the most memorable place you have ever visited?
- Have you ever Hammer danced?
- What language would you like to become proficient at?
- What book(s) have left a lasting impression on you?
- What is your favourite holiday family tradition?
- If you could suddenly be a rock star, would you be the drummer, the keyboard player, the guitar player or the lead singer?
- What news publication (if any) do you read?
- What is something you are really good at?
- How would you like to be remembered after you’ve left this life?
That’s it from today’s Liebster Awards ceremony! Thanks, have a good night, and don’t forget to tip your waiters. And now, I’m off to put my Major Award in the front window.