Once again, it’s the end of the week. Time to air our dirty laundry in public.
WAIT NOT THAT KIND OF CONFESSION WHOOPS.
But it is Friday! And that’s always good for some boring confessions, yes? So, I confess…
- …that I didn’t get all OMG YAY LET’S GET UP AT 3 AM TO WATCH STRANGERS GET MARRIED ON TV EXCITED enough about the royal wedding. But we have watched several clips from it, and it looks like it was lovely. And Stinkerbelle is ALL. ABOUT. “THE PRINCESS”! today.
- …that I did watch the vows, and started to cry. I don’t cry at weddings, but this one made me cry because William’s mom was not there, and I believe he probably really missed her. And they were SO close, I think she would have LOVED to have been there for his wedding. But most of all, as someone whose mom was unable to be at any of her life’s most important moments, it touched me pretty deeply.
- …that I wish the royal couple all the best, and I sincerely hope that the new Duchess of Cambridge is a good deal happier in her marriage and does not suffer the same fate that her MIL did.
- …that the happiness and pageantry and OMG WTF IS THAT CRAZYPANTS THING ON YOUR HEAD stuff that goes on with a royal wedding has been just the antidote to the doom and gloom and tragedy and wankfests that we’ve had going on in the world of late. And now, I feel I must go out and buy a ridiculous hat for my eyebrows like some of the Upper Class Twits of the Year attending the royal wedding were sporting. Yes, I am looking at you, Skeletor Beckham! AND you two unfortunately-coutured nutjob daughters of Prince Andrew!
- …that I am still cranky and impossible to live with, but can now add “emotional” to the list. Thank you hormones. PERIMENOPAUSAL TRIFECTA OF DOOM FTMFW.
- …that I was pleasantly astonished that people thought my movie night idea yesterday was a) a good one and 2) worth pursuing. But now I have to come up with a plan. I feel a FAIL coming on.
- …that I have not broken our elliptical machine in TWO WEEKS. And I am enjoying exercising again, albeit very gently to start off with. I really like being active again, and hope I can ramp it up a little bit soon.
- …that I am on a bit of a high from our meeting with Stinkerbelle’s OT this morning. Something I have been mentioning to various professionals for That Girl’s entire life has finally been recognized and may have twigged something we can pursue in therapy, which is really exciting to me. It may only be a little thing, but any potential progress is good.
- …that I have been trying new recipes again lately, which have been pretty good for the most part. But I am trying to find some that might be a little more friendly on the budget, because the last time it just got fairly expensive. And it isn’t easy, especially since BDH was all ENOUGH WITH THE SOUP ALREADY after a few days of budget friendly and easy soup, and then another soup the next day, and then a different soup, and then more soup soup soup soup soup.
- …that if you write the word SOUP enough times, that I think it ceases to look like a real word with actual meaning and more like a three-year-old has gotten her hands on your keyboard. SOUP SOUP SOUP SOUP SOUP SOUP.