Another Friday, another long week done. I don’t know that I have tons to confess — we’ll see, once I get thinking about it — but here goes.
- …that I am so tired I am barely functional today. I am short-tempered and struggling to form coherent thoughts and sentences. And this is after a night of almost (except for one wake-up from pain) uninterrupted sleep. I think my body is telling me OMG SO TIRED WHAT WUZ THAT NEEDZ MORE SLEEP PLEEZ KTHXBAI.
- …that I do not want to go to our speech therapy appointment this morning. We also have to go to the cat clinic and get groceries and go to the drugstore, and I will admit those sound a whole lot more appealing. I hope that I am wrong and these people just knock my socks off with good stuff.
- …that I am still on a high from the Day of the Potty. I can’t wait until we have another potty day.
- …that I am embarrassed to admit that I let my feelings get hurt by my kid this morning. When Stinkerbelle woke up this morning, she stood up, and looked out the door for her dad, and started asking to see Daddy. Not a “good morning” or a “hi” or anything at all for me. It was all Daddy, Daddy, Daddy. Most of the time when it happens it’s totally fine, because she gets to see Daddy so much less than she sees me, that spending time with him is important to her. Doesn’t bother me in the least. But this morning it made me cry. (Of course, I’m over it now — it’s totally just hormones messing with me.)
- …that if I have to watch one more episode of Curious George I’m gonna cut a bitch. At least, for a day or two.
- …that I have waffled over my daughter’s cough for two months before finally making an appointment to take her to see the doctor. It has taken me two months of back and forth, should-I-or-shouldn’t-I, it’s-probably-fine-no-it’s-gone-on-too-long waffling before I decided to go get it checked out. And the final decision was made because it’s making ME tired to get up every night and deal with her coughing. HUGE MOMMY FAIL.
- …that I was craving chocolate yesterday so badly, I ate 3 squares of baking chocolate. PMS – 3, Cinn – 0.
- …that I have crossed 3 big to-do items off my list in recent days. These are items that have been waiting a long time, one of them over a year. So I’m a little puffed up with pride, I have to admit. (Note how I am deliberately ignoring the shame of the huge procrastination it took to get that list so big…)
- …that I just shouted at a child on Sesame Street because his voice just annoys the crap out of me.
- …that I am so very glad that the weekend is here.