Yay! Friday! I’m glad to see the weekend. It’s been a long, cold week. I’d like to lounge about in my comfy clothes and knit and nap and stuff. Saturday has stuff going on, but maybe Sunday will be a good down day.
Anyway, it’s time for this week’s baring of the soul. So I confess…
- …that I am really looking forward to meeting some of my online peeps in person at the adoption get together this weekend. The most awesome Janna and ChristyCanuck I know for sure will be there, but are any of you others going? Lurkers, now’s your chance to let me know to look out for you.
- …that I admit that I am also feeling a bit of trepidation at meeting my online peeps. I fear that people who like me online will find the “real life” me disappointing.
- …that I feel some dread at the prospect of plunging into a busy and chaotic social situation with my kid tomorrow. There are some parents and their really badly behaved children that I am hoping will not be attending. It is stressful for me to be on alert all the time in these situations, making sure my kid is behaving herself amid the chaos, and making sure that the children from hell don’t injure or treat my child badly (as they have done in the past).
- …that I am a little concerned about the fact that this party is scheduled in the afternoon, while my kid is usually napping. So, as she will have to forgo her nap, I worry that Stinkerbelle might not have a good time, or be at her best.
- …that I was all pleased with myself yesterday for having leftovers for dinner instead of opting for take out, and then BDH brought take out home. And I kind of enjoyed having junk food. I can’t lie.
- …that I am on my second book for book club, and while it is far more enjoyable than the last book we read (which was AWFUL), so far I’m finding this one is kind of dumb. It’s fine, but I have already finished the first chapter and am finding the style is beginning to grate on me and the premise is getting old. I am hoping, knowing the plot a bit, that it will change considerably soon.Â I am hopeful that it finishes strongly. Fiction is not my favourite genre, but I am giving it a try. But if I am not enjoying the books, I might have to reconsider if I am really cut out for a book club.
- …that while I am kind of bummed that we are getting new next-door neighbours AGAIN (for the 3rd time in about 7 years) I am OMG EXCITED that the new neighbour? Is a POLICE OFFICER. A female cop is moving in next door. This means, first off — no students moving in next door. BIG SIGH OF RELIEF. But secondly, dealing with the noisy and irresponsible students we already do have on the street just potentially got a lot easier.
- …that I have some niggling, sit-down-at-my-desk-and-just-do-it stuff that I HAVE to get done, and I just haven’t. I have a work project that I want to get off my desk. I have paperwork for Stinkerbelle that has to get done. I have packages that need to be done up and sent. I just have to get my shit together and get them done. Like, this weekend.
- …that I really hate winter. The wind is blowing and the snow is flying and the temperature is dropping outside, and I REALLY don’t want to go out in it. But groceries await.
- …that some baking would be really nice today. Cold day, warm oven, delicious smells in the house.