It’s snowy, it’s Friday, it’s a snowy Friday… That’s all I got. I got nuthin’, man. I am as boring as a boring thing that is really, really boring today.
But I do have confessions! So, I confess…
- …that I am the last one of my Confession Posse to post her confessions today! What a slack bastard.
- …that I am sad that my interweb friends live so frigging far away. There are times when it’s great to offer virtual support, but there are equally as many times when you wish you could just be there. Or have them here. Plus they’d be great to hang out with from time to time.
- …that I know that if the above were possible, I probably would not have them here, because my house is not fit for entertaining. It’s small and poky and isn’t well decorated and needs to be cleaned. And I’m embarrassed.
- …that I wish my house would just magically clean itself, and that I could just sit and knit and watch Christmas movies in a comfortable, clean house. Where the hell are those magical cleaning pixies, dammit?
- …that I want to brag that I am married to a genuinely good person, who stayed up all night the other night at the hospital with a teammate who had dislocated his elbow in their game earlier in the evening, and could not get in touch with his wife. And then he drove him home from the hospital at 6:30 am. And then, after about 3 hours of sleep? BDH went to work. AND emceed his company Christmas party that night after work. But mostly it’s the first part that makes me proudest.
- …that it annoys the everloving fuck out of me that my Thursday sitter has had Stinkerbelle with her for two months now, and STILL pronounces her name incorrectly. It makes me MENTAL. It’s not a difficult name, for the love of crap.
- …that I’m really pleased with my recent birthday gifts from BDH and That Baby — a quilt that I have been looking longingly at for MONTHS, and a new purse.
- …that few things give me greater joy than the fact that Stinkerbelle has started really talking a lot. I lovelovelove hearing her talk. But more than that? Her singing little songs is beyond adorable. THIS is what I love about parenthood.
- …that my daughter has also started doing some fairly annoying things recently, like cracking her jaw and chewing her tongue and, worst of all, grinding her teeth. I know these sorts of things are al developmental, they come and go in phases, blah de blah blah, and I can put up with many of them, but the teeth grinding is like nails on a blackboard to me. It’s a sound that evokes a very visceral reaction, like I want to throw up. So here’s hoping this phase passes FAST.
- …that I’d love to start a knit night with some friends, and get together for a couple of hours of stitch and bitch regularly. Except I have few friends, or friends who knit/crochet, and I am not confident nor organized enough to organize something like this with strangers.
- …that when I took Stinkerbelle in to the OT at KidsAbility today, and I saw the other parents with kids who are dealing with so much more than I am — the little boy who screams whenever someone new gets inside his comfort zone of a few feet; the little fellow who had the staff whispering in sympathy about his father “Oh I feel SO sorry for him… it was NINE hours… I can’t imagine”; the mom with the CP toddler needing physical therapy while also tending to her newborn — that it puts simple speech and eating delays into stark perspective. And I am grateful.