Today was a day of change. Okay, not so much change as the START of change.
- The sun was out. Bright and shiny and warm. It’s the first time I have felt optimistic and positive in weeks. Yay for sunshine!
- I’m working on a menu plan. I was feeling so optimistic with the sunshine streaming through the windows, that I got out a bunch of cookbooks and just started going through them. We’re working on a number of fronts hereÂ — healthy eating, better portions, within a budget — so it’s not easy. But I was so looking forward to trying some new things and cooking to put stuff in the freezer, I went and grabbed a few ingredients from the shelves/freezer, and hopefully I can get started soon.
- I joined Weight Watchers online. Again. Good doG, why do I keep doing this to myself?? (I know why. I like the online tools. Isn’t that sad? Okay, the toys are not the ONLY reason. I mean, nobody joins a weight-loss program JUST to play with software.) So I am starting to work on losing some weight, as I had mentioned when New Years rolled around. I like the inside me, but I hate the outside me. So, it’s time. And to help with that…
- I got on the bike for a workout. It’s literally been MONTHS since I have had a good workout — since it got too cold and the weather turned too foul to go for walks each day. And I’ve been needing some exercise. So, after a few off weeks, I got Stinkerbelle back on a routine and that freed up just enough time for a bit of a ride today. I ache a little bit. It’s a little bit painful. It’s great. And hopefully, that will get me back on form and ready for our walks once the weather begins to cooperate again.
- I cut my own bangs. Hmm. Well, possibly asymmetrical bangs will come into fashion…? Oh well, it saves us money and I can’t actually drive out to see my hairdresser anyway until my car is fixed. And even so… pack up myself and That Baby, drive 30-45 minutes for a 10 second bangs trim, and then drive all the way back again? I don’t think so.
- I figured out how to post pictures and password protect them! Oh wait, that was a couple days ago…
It’s starting to be a whole new me. Hopefully the old me will make a graceful exit. (I doubt it. The old me has a history of overstaying her welcome. She’s a bit of a bastard that way.)