Okay, so here’s the deal: I’ve been preparing for this trip for the past week at least. It feels like forever. So it’s your turn.
YOU are packing to go away… let’s say YOU’RE travelling across the planet to… whatever. It doesn’t matter. You get to pack for a change. Give me a break from all the lists I am surrounded by these days.
So, here are all the things you get to choose from. You can pack your own bag, choosing ONE each from the choices below.
- Airplane comfort: earplugs, hard candy, eye mask, knitting or other handicrafts, gum
- Reading material: a thriller, a mystery, a romance, a biography, a couple of magazines
- Pants: jeans, cotton pants, yoga pants, capris, I don’t do pants — I prefer skirts
- Snacks: trail mix, granola bars, mini chocolate bars, little packets of crackers and cheese/peanut butter, licorice
- Pajamas: flannel nightie, short nightie, long pajamas, shorts and t-shirt, what pajamas?? 😉
- Entertainment: an iPod with a variety of tunes on it, a travel Scrabble game, a laptop and some DVDs, a book of crossword puzzles, a deck of cards
- Shoes: sandals, runners, crocs, hiking boots, flip flops
- Something to entertain a 5 month old: a soft rattle, keys to gum on, a snuggly toy, stacking cups, soft blocks
- Warmth: fleece jacket, windbreaker, hoodie, sweats, fleece blanket
- One luxury item — what’s one luxury item you like to take to travel? A travel pillow? Your own pillow? You name it!
Okay, let’s see your packing list!