It’s going to be hotter than the devil’s arsecrack around here this weekend. Seriously hot. Hotter than a hot thing that is hot. It’s going to hit a humidex over 40 this weekend. So yesterday, we turned on the A/C for the first time this year, and we’re going to do as little as possible outside. Well, between going to a barbeque on one day and going to Donkey Day on another… maybe not so much. But at least we can escape to the air conditioning when we start to melt.
So our Friday Fun involves beating the heat. And they’re easy, so you don’t have to move too much. Just a little bit to type is all.
- Mojitos or margaritas?
- Swimming pool or seaside?
- Beach Boys or Spice Girls?
- Popsicles or ice cream?
- Sunscreen or shade?
- Running through the sprinkler or flopping down on a slip ‘n’ slide?
- Flip flops or Crocs?
- Cold fried chicken or cold cut sandwiches?
- Hunky Pool boy or hunky slave boy with a big palm frond fan?
- Shuffleboard or beach volleyball?
- My bucket hat or my big golf umbrella?
SPECIAL BONUS QUESTION: What do you do to keep cool when Mother Nature turns up the heat (like a bastard)?
Time for some iced tea. And maybe I’ll go hide in the basement where it’s cool with the cats.