I’m in charge of the shopping at our house. And that’s because 1) I’m less of an impulse shopper than BDH is and 2) I do the majority of the cooking and taking care of the house these days. And I go during the daytime, when people are at work, so it’s less of a chore than it used to be. I used to hate shopping.
One of the things BDH has said recently is that he wants to try new meals. He’s getting bored of our “usual” meals. And so we’re going to try different things, different recipes — if it works, great, and if not… well, we’ll file it under “experience” and move on.
But this requires a little more planning on my part. No more just going to the store and putting things in the cart on autopilot.
So let’s talk this week about shopping. Tell me:
- Do you like grocery shopping? Why/not?
- 3 “big ticket items” you normally buy
- Something you’re really good at cooking
- Laundry soap: liquid or powder?
- The best chicken dish you’ve ever had
- 2 unusual things on your grocery list
- Your 2 favourite types of pie
- 3 things you can get in your grocery store that start with M
- Pasta sauce: canned or homemade?
- What’s one thing I should slip into my cart as a treat when no one’s looking?
Dang. Now I am hungry.