We’re under a storm warning here in the wilds of Southern Ontario, and so with all the schools and buses and whatnot shutting down in the face of a big old dump of snow and ice pellets it’s a SNOW DAY! For me, it means probably cancelling my trip to Barrie for the weekend and, consequently, losing $250 on the hotel. Which SUCKS. But it’s better that than in a ditch somewhere.
So I am EMBRACING the SNOW DAY! As a kid, I always wished for snow days… unfortunately I always lived too close to school so that it didn’t matter, because if the schools were open I could walk. And back in those days, the schools rarely closed.
So let’s ALL just enjoy the snow day, shall we? (Even if it is virtually.)
- What’s your favourite outdoor activity in the snow?
- What was your favourite outdoor activity in the snow when you were young?
- What’s the best hot beverage for a snowy day?
- What book are you reading now?
- What movie would you like to rent?
- What’s your favourite good, hearty meal for a cold day?
- You’ve run out of toilet paper. How do you get to the store if the roads are impassable: cross-country ski, dogsled, or snowshoe?
- Fireplace: electric, gas or wood?
- Bundle up! What’s your comfy warm and toasty ensemble for a snow day?
- If I give you 20 bucks, would you shovel my driveway?
Stay warm everyone!