BDH and I have been sick all week. Him moreso than me, really — he always gets sicker than I do. And to extremes, too. I get a sniffle, he gets pneumonia. I get queasy, he gets plague. It’s a little odd, but there you go. And it would work well, too, if he were the sort of sick person that liked to be waited on and fussed over when he’s sick, since I’m usually well enough to do it… but he’s not. He likes to grumble and watch endless DVDs and for the most part, be left alone.
So here we are at the end of January, in the middle of cold and flu season. And I thought, there’s a good theme for our Friday Fun today. Now, half the people I know are sick right now, so maybe everyone is too sick to be on the internet right now? Oh well. We’ll see.
So I ask you:
- What kind of sick person are you? Do you like to be fussed over and taken care of, or do you like to be left alone?
- Chicken noodle soup: homemade, canned with the long noodles, or the packaged kind with the short straight noodles?
- When you sneeze, do you do one big sneeze, or are you a multi-sneezer?
- What’s your favourite comfy thing to wear?
- What’s one thing you can’t do without when you’re sick?
- Do you own a handkerchief?
- Socks in bed, or no?
- How do you amuse yourself when you’re sick at home?
- Good or evil? Discuss.
- NeoCitran (that hot lemon drink for when you’re sick)?
- Buckley’s cough syrup?
- Vick’s Vap-o-Rub?
- Would you mind changing the DVD for me?
So there you have it.
Pass the Kleenex, please.