Christmas is coming, and the goose is not the only thing that is getting fat. OY, there’s so much to eat and drink during the Christmas season, it’s no wonder everyone is merry. Except shopping — people are not merry when they are shopping. And let’s not even get into how NOT merry people are when they are PARKING. If the world is a merry Christmas wonderland, then parking lots are where the Grinch sets up his recruitment centres.
Well I am trying my best to get all festive and all that, but it’s hard. I’m just not feeling the Christmas spirit.Â There’s no anticipation, there’s no excitement… I am sure that will change when the tree is fully up and decorated and presents are under the tree. But right now, the only thing that makes me feel vaguely festive is Jose Feliciano.Â (“FELIZ NAVIDAD! FELIZ NAVIDAD! Feliz Navidad, mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble! A HA!”)
So let’s try to get a little festiver, shall we? Let’s try to get some comfort and joy going with this week’s edition of the Friday Fun.
- Rum and eggnog, or Baileys?
- Multicoloured lights on the outside of the house, or all one colour?
- Gift cards or actual presents?
- “Ave Maria” or “O Holy Night”?
- Nuts and a nutcracker, or tangerines?
- Charlie Brown Christmas or Frosty the Snowman?
- Elves or reindeer?
- Salvation Army or Angel Trees?
- Travelling or staying home for the holidays?
- “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” or “Feliz Navidad”?
Only one more week to get festive!