This time of year is a decadent one. My Christmas edition of Canadian Living arrives, chock full of delicious recipes for the holidays and pages and pages of cookie recipes. Thanksgiving has passed, Halloween has just passed, and in the US they have their Thanksgiving in November. The weather gets cooler, and meals become more hearty: casseroles, stews, winter veggies. Soon I must start my holiday baking.
I woke up hungry this morning, so today I am making the Friday Fun all about food.
- Gingerbread or shortbread?
- Carrots or cauliflower?
- Cream or milk in your coffee?
- Bacon or sausage?
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
- English muffins, bagels, or good old toast?
- Tomato sauce on your pasta or cream sauce?
- Roasted, grilled or fried chicken?
- Peanut butter or Cheez Whiz?
- Orange juice, apple juice, or something a little different?
- Peppermint or butterscotch?
- Fruitcake or no fruitcake? (well, for most people, it’s a yes or no question, really)
See what happens when I read my Christmas Canadian Living before bed?