It’s the Canada Day long weekend, and it’s going to be a lovely weekend weather-wise here, according to the forecast. It’s a weekend for fireworks and community festivals and going to the cottage. It’s the first summer long weekend. And I like it.
I like celebrating our national day. It’s a day to celebrate all things Canadian: The tendency to apologize to inanimate objects. The phrase “hot/cold enough for you?” Rabid hockeymania during an Olympic year. Universal healthcare. Gay marriage. Snowshoes. Poutine. The song stylings of Mr. Gordon Lightfoot. Rick Mercer’s rants.
So this edition of Friday Fun is all about Canadiana. Some questions are easy, some are tricky. Even Kelly can play because she gets Canadian Living magazine, and she reads it cover to cover.
- Tell me 2 ways to eat maple syrup.
- What do you think is the most beautiful place in Canada?
- Name 2 Canadian communities that have a colour in the name.
- Tell me 3 uses for an old hockey stick. (Caroline, you should be good at this one!)
- What are 3 reasons Kelly should move to Canada?
- Name a famous funny person from Canada.
- What Canadian do you wish had been born somewhere else, thankyouverymuch?
- What’s the oddest Canadian place name you can think of?
- Name a famous Canadian actor.
- Other than the Maple Leaf, what do you think of as a symbol of Canada?
- What’s a good Canadian name for an Ethiopian-born-soon-to-be-Canadian baby?
Happy Canada Day, peeps.