Here in Canada, today marks the start of the May long weekend, the first long weekend of the summer. It’s officially Victoria Day, where we commemorate the birthday of Queen Victoria. I think. Unofficially, it’s May Two-Four, where we commemorate the simple joys of a campsite, a case of 24 beer, and black flies. Or something. Either way, fireworks are involved, and this is GOOD.
So our Friday Fun is all about the long weekend. And because the weekend is a long one and involves two-fours, some of the questions are long and involve two parts.
- Have you ever been camping? Was it wilderness camping or campsite-camping?
- What’s your favourite brand of beer?
- Can you make s’mores?
- What’s the biggest animal you’ve ever seen in the wild?
- Do you have flower gardens? Got any perennials to share with me?
- When you roast marshmallows over a fire, do you like them a) barely tanned and soft, b) dark brown and gooey, or c) a flaming torch of sugar?
- Have you ever been canoeing? Do you know what it means to swamp a canoe?
- Have you ever owned a) a Coleman, b) a tump sack, or c) a bug net? If so, please use each correctly in a sentence. Bonus points if you can use all three correctly in one sentence.
- Have you ever set off your own fireworks?
- How are you planning on entertaining me this weekend?
I am NOT going camping this weekend. I AM, however, hoping to be highly amused by YOU.