Yesterday was full of learning experiences. I learned many things.
- Wearing comfortable shoes does not stop blisters from bleeding all over your socks. Only band-aids will do that.
- It is a bad idea to do your financial paperwork for your homestudy JUST before you go to the doctor who is testing you for high blood pressure.
- The pain and grief of infertility never goes away, even when you are adopting. No matter how much you like her or how happy you are for her, when your neighbour tells you she is pregnant with twins it will make you cry for hours afterwards.
- Looking out the window is no way to tell how warm it is outside.
- If your garage is peopled with Adventure Mice, it’s a good idea to wear gloves when cleaning it out.
- If you get rid of cable or satellite, you don’t miss it. But if you get rid of your DVD player, you’re nuts.
- Our neighbour really IS wonderful. She took the time to come and tell us about her pregnancy privately, because she knew we were struggling and wanted us to hear it from her first.
- There is really no other option but to lose 30 or 40 pounds.
- Cats really ARE nocturnal. Turning off the lights makes no difference to them, or to how busy they are, or how noisy they are.
I hope today involves a little less learning. I could stand to learn a whole lot less today.