Today I have been resting and getting ready for tomorrow. And one of the things I need for my procedure tomorrow is a CD of music, that they will play in the exam room. They told me to prepare a CD that will help me relax and keep my mind occupied during the procedure. Well, BDH and I talked about it, and he said that when he thinks of me, “relaxing” does not come to mind. I’m not your pop music kind of girl. So, I prepared a CD of songs that I love, songs that make me happy and that will help me concentrate on the music and not the pain.
So here’s my list. I’m guessing that they don’t get a lot of my kind of music there.
- Throw Your Arms Around Me – Hunters and Collectors
- Weather With You – Crowded House
- Sometimes (Lester Piggott) – James
- Friday I’m In Love – The Cure
- Rush – Big Audio Dynamite
- Big Time Sensuality – BjÃ¶rk
- Train in Vain – The Clash
- Lovesong – The Cure
- Personal Jesus – Depeche Mode
- Pressure Drop – The Specials
- Read About It – Midnight Oil
- Birdhouse in Your Soul – They Might Be Giants
- Young Americans – David Bowie
- Uncertain Smile – The The
- Close To Me (Closest Mix) – The Cure
- White Lines – Duran Duran
- Route 66 (Nile Rogers Remix) – Depeche Mode
- The Dead Heart – Midnight Oil
So, not exactly the norm, then. But hey, it makes me happy.